- Selection tools
- The Rectangular Marquee tool
- The Elliptical Marquee tool
- Single Row or Single Column Marquee tool
- The Lasso tool
- The Polygonal Lasso tool
- The Magnetic Lasso tool
- Feather the edge (make it soft and fuzzy)
- Modify your selection
- The Quick Selection tool
- The Magic Wand tool
- The Pen tool
- The Crop tool
- Transform commands
- Free Transform
- Transform menu options
As you can see in the Edit menu, there are two main Transform items, “Free Transform,” which applies to a selected layer, and “Transform” with a submenu of options, all of which apply to individually selected items.
Before you can transform a layer or part of an image, you must make a selection with one of the selection tools. To select a layer, single-click on it in the Layers panel (details on working with layers are in Chapter 5).
Commit or Cancel transform tasks
- To commit the transformation, hit the Enter key,
or double-click inside the bounding box,
or click the Commit checkmark icon in the Options bar.
- To cancel, hit the Esc key,
or single-click the Cancel icon in the Options bar.
- To get rid of the selection marquee, click anywhere,
or press Command D (PC: Control D),
or go to the Select menu and choose “Deselect.”