Arranging the Items in Each Group
To complete a group, you can align its items to each other, evenly distribute the space between items, and lock the entire control to prevent its elements from moving around.
To tidy up a group:
- While holding down the Shift key, right-click each item in the group.
Select the Format contextual tab.
When they’re all selected, click the Format contextual tab on the Ribbon and do one of the following:
- For a vertical stack of items, choose Align > Distribute Vertically from the Arrange group.
- For a horizontal item array, choose Align > Distribute Horizontally from the Arrange group.
The space between the items is evenly distributed.
- Choose Align > Align Left from the Arrange group (Figure 8). The left edges of the items will align to one another.
Figure 8 Alignment and distribution commands can be chosen from the Align drop-down menu in the Arrange group.
- If necessary, you can resize the group box by selecting it and dragging one or more handles. You can also change the selected box’s position around the items by dragging or pressing arrow keys.
- Select all items in the group box as well as the group box itself by Shift-right-clicking each element.
- Right-click any selected item and choose Grouping > Group from the contextual menu that appears. The items and the group box are now locked to each other.
- Drag the group box to the desired location on the worksheet.