Right- and left-align the text
Have you ever wanted to put a header across the top of a page where the text aligns both on the left and the right sides? Here’s the trick:
Task 12 Create a header aligned on both sides
- Create a one-line text frame that stretches across the column.
- Type the text you want to align on the left.
- Hit a tab.
- Type the text you want to align on the right.
- Select the line (your insertion point in the line selects it).
- Right-justify the line: In the Paragraph panel, single-click the Align right icon.
Now you can widen or narrow the frame and the text will always align. If you want this text on every page in your document, put the frame on the master page, as explained on pages ch01sec1lev8.