- Step 1: Setting Up Brush Tracking
- Step 2: Setting Up and Exploring the Thick n Thin Pen
- Step 3: Creating a Line Sketch
- Step 4: Suggesting Drapery and Shapes with Particle Brushes
- Step 5: Adding Expressive Strokes with Particles
Step 2: Setting Up and Exploring the Thick n Thin Pen
Open a new file that’s 1500 × 2000 pixels. In the Brush Selector Bar, choose the Pens category from the Brush Category pop-up menu; then choose the Thick n Thin Pen variant from the Brush Variant pop-up menu. It’s a good idea to make some practice marks with the pen. Choose black in the Colors palette; press lightly on your stylus to sketch a thin line and then more heavily to draw a thick line. The opacity of the pen strokes varies with pressure. Figure 3 shows some sample brush strokes drawn with the Thick n Thin Pen.
Figure 3 Exploring making brushstrokes with the Thick n Thin Pen.
When you’ve finished practicing, delete your practice strokes by choosing Select > All and then pressing the Delete/Backspace key.