- Detecting Browser Plug-ins
- Around and Around with Loops
- Writing with Loops
- Using For/In Loops
- Using Do/While Loops
- Checking if Java Is Enabled
- Using Multi-level Conditionals
- Working with Functions That Return Values
- Handling Errors
- Putting More than One Script on a Page
- Scrolling Status Bars
- Status Bar Messages
Status Bar Messages
Script 3.13 A rollover status message can be quite helpful to the user.
Figure 3.20 Note the custom status message for this link.
To put a message in the status bar
<a href="cat.html" onmouseover= "window.status='A very cute cat';return true" onmouseout= "window.status='';return true"> my cat</a>Proving an old Hollywood proverb wrong, this script manages to work well with both kids and animals. In this line, the cat gets the same treatment as the kid in the preceding line.