- Creating Text Frames
- Typing Text
- Selecting Text
- Moving and Deleting Text
- Using the Character Palette
- Setting the Typeface and Point Size
- Styling Text
- Setting Line and Character Spacing
- Applying Text Distortions
- Setting the Language
- Applying Paragraph Formatting
- Setting Alignment and Indents
- Inserting a Manual Indent
- Setting Paragraph Effects
- Working with Hidden Characters
- Using the Glyphs Palette
- Working with Text Flow
- Setting Text Frame General Controls
- Using the Control Palette for Text
- Using Special Text Characters
Working with Hidden Characters
Every time you tap the Spacebar, Tab key, Return key, or Enter key, you create an non-printing character in the text. These hidden characters, (sometimes called invisibles) can be turned on to let you see where the spaces, tab characters, and paragraph returns fall in the text.
To show or hide hidden characters:
- Choose Type > Show Hidden Characters. This displays the characters in the same color as the highlight for the layer .
- Choose Type > Hide Hidden Characters to hide the hidden characters.
To change the colors of the hidden characters:
- Change the Layer color in the Layers palette (see page 292).