Working in the Factory
Want to try your hand (or mouth) at podcasting? Give Podcast Factory a try. It has a suggested retail of $179.95, but you can find it online for as little as $135. You can even use the Fast Track hardware to record your own instruments. Got a guitar? Plug it in and rock out! Use the microphone that’s included in the package, or upgrade to a fancier XLR microphone after you decide you want to make podcasting a regular thing. And drop me a line when your podcast makes its debut on iTunes—even if you’re one of those guys with the high waistbands.
- Plenty of bundled software, including lots of samples on the Pro Sessions sound + loop libraries CD.
- The easiest way to connect a traditional XLR microphone to your PC or Mac.
- Provides all-in-one microphone input and monitoring via headphones.
- Even includes an instrument input jack and stereo RCA output jacks.
- Requires additional software to record from Skype. Some are commercial products that will you cost extra.
- No headphones are included.
- Only one XLR microphone input included with this particular Fast Track model.
- Live Lite can be frustrating when it won’t allow you to add a certain apparently arbitrary track.