- Profiles are created by comparing measured values from a device with device-independent color values.
- Generic profiles don't factor in the unique characteristics of your specific device and are thus of limited usefulness.
- The differences in gamut between devices results in color that does not match between them.
- There are three ways to get profiles for your device: use generic profiles from the manufacturer, pay to have profiles created, or create them yourself.
- Printer profiling services provide a cost-effective way to obtain custom profiles for your imaging devices, such as printers.