In Mac OS, you use the Finder to organize and manage your files. You can:
- View the contents of your disks in windows in a variety of ways.
- Automatically sort items by name, kind, creation date, or other criteria in ascending or descending order.
- Rename items.
- Create folders to store related items.
- Move items stored on disk to organize them so they're easy to find and back up.
- Copy items to other disks to back them up or share them with others.
- Delete items you no longer need.
- Mount and eject disks.
- Write to, or "burn," data CDs.