Mac OS X is very flexible when it comes to names for files, folders, and disks.
- A file or folder name can be up to 255 characters long. A disk name can be up to 27 characters long.
- A name can contain any character except a colon (:).
This makes it easy to give your files, folders, and disks names that make sense to you.
To rename an icon
- Click the icon to select it (
Figure 21 Start by selecting the icon.
- Point to the name of the icon, and click. After a brief pause, a box appears around the name and the name becomes selected (
Figure 22 When you click, an edit box appears around the name.
- Type the new name. The text you type automatically overwrites the selected text (
Figure 23 Type a new name for the icon.
, or click anywhere else. The icon is renamed (
Figure 24 When you press , the name changes.