- Using the Duplicate Page Command to Create Pseudo-Templates
- Purchasing Additional Ready-Made Themes
- Getting Ready to Create Your Own Themes
- Opening the iWeb Package and Locating the Templates Folder
- Adjusting the TemplatesInfo.plist File to Include Additional Templates
- Adding a New Category Entry
- Opening the Templates Files
- Creating Your Own Template Graphics
- Modifying Template Formatting
- Locating Items in the Index.xml File
- Creating Template Previews
- More Information
- Additional Resources
Creating Template Previews
The last step of creating a template in your own iWeb theme is to create a thumbnail of the template (the small screenshot of each page that is displayed when you select the theme in the New Page dialog box). These thumbnails are stored in the thumbs folder inside each iWeb template file. Like the image files in the template, they are actually stored as aliases that point to the Shared folder in the Resources folder.
To create a thumbnail, you need to take a screenshot of a blank page created in iWeb using the template. Resize the screenshot to a height of 128 pixels and save it as a tiff file. Name the tiff file to match the original file or alias and then drag it into the thumbs folder. Do this for each template that you create.