Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Access by Design: A Guide to Universal Usability for Web Designers
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Your Price: $23.99
- List Price: $29.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2006
- Dimensions: 7" x 9"
- Pages: 288
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-321-31140-X
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-31140-5
In just over a decade, the Web has evolved from an experimental tool for a limited community of technically inclined people into a day-to-day necessity for millions upon millions of users. Today’s Web designers must consider not only the content needs of the sites they create, but also the wide range of additional needs their users may have: for example, those with physical or cognitive disabilities, those with slow modems or small screens, and those with limited education or familiarity with the Web. Bestselling author Sarah Horton argues that simply meeting the official standards and guidelines for Web accessibility is not enough. Her goal is universal usability, and in Access by Design: A Guide to Universal Usability for Web Designers, Sarah describes a design methodology that addresses accessibility requirements but then goes beyond. As a result, designers learn how to optimize page designs to work more effectively for more users, disabled or not. Working through each of the main functional features of Web sites, she provides clear principles for using HTML and CSS to deal with elements such as text, forms, images, and tables, illustrating each with an example drawn from the real world. Through these guidelines, Sarah makes a convincing case that good design principles benefit all users of the Web.
In this book you will find:
• Clear principles for using HTML and CSS to design functional and accessible Web sites
• Best practices for each of the main elements of Web pages—text, forms, images, tables, frames, , links, interactivity, and page layout
• Seasoned advice for using style sheets that provide flexibility to both designer and user without compromising usability
• illustrations of actual Web sites, from which designers can model their own pages
• Instructions for providing keyboard accessibility, flexible layouts, and user-controlled environments
• Practical tips on markup, and resources
TRIAL WITH PURCHASE!
By completing any purchase on Peachpit, you get unlimited 15 day access to thousands of Training Resources on creative topics You will also get a discounted rate of just $17.99/month if you decide to continue with a paid subscription.
Other Things You Might Like
- Paper Prototyping Training Video
- Online Video $59.99
- Adventures in Experience Design
- Book $23.99