Adobe FrameMaker 9 Classroom in a Book
- Your Price: $35.19
- List Price: $43.99
About Watermarked eBooks
This PDF will be accessible from your Account page after purchase and requires the free Adobe® Reader® software to read it.
The eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Watermarked eBook FAQ
Register your product
to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
- Copyright 2010
- Pages: 288
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-321-67098-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-67098-4
This is the eBook version of the printed book. If the print book includes a CD-ROM, this content is not included within the eBook version.
FrameMaker, which is at the core of the Adobe Technical Communication Suite, has long been the gold standard for writing, illustrating, and laying out technical documentation in print. With new features like support for rich media objects and powerful PDF export, FrameMaker excels at authoring online documents as well.
This Classroom in a Book (a revision of the successful FrameMaker 7 Classroom in a Book) begins with a survey of the fundamentals of FrameMaker 9: styling paragraphs, placing graphics, creating tables, adding captions, cross-references, and footnotes. Later chapters cover long-document features, such as tables of contents and indexes. Preparing content for output to print or to screen (PDF or HTML), working with Unicode (for handling foreign languages), and using DITA (Darwin Information Typing Architecture) to structure documents using XML, round out the coverage.
All of Peachpit's eBooks contain the same content as the print edition. You will find a link in the last few pages of your eBook that directs you to the media files.
- If you are able to search the book, search for "Where are the lesson files?"
- Go to the very last page of the book and scroll backwards.
- You will need a web-enabled device or computer in order to access the media files that accompany this ebook. Entering the URL supplied into a computer with web access will allow you to get to the files.
- Depending on your device, it is possible that your display settings will cut off part of the URL. To make sure this is not the case, try reducing your font size and turning your device to a landscape view. This should cause the full URL to appear.
Table of Contents
Part One: Adobe FrameMaker
Lesson 1 - Getting Started
Lesson 2 - Defining Paragraph Formats
Lesson 3 - Page Layout
Part Two: Color and Graphics
Lesson 4 - Working with Color
Lesson 5 - Graphics
Lesson 6 - Anchored Frames and Graphics
Part Three: Editing Framemaker Documents
Lesson 7 - Document Editing
Part Four: Working with Tables
Lesson 8 - Tables
Lesson 9 - Customizing Tables
Lesson 10 - Cross-References and Footnotes
Part Five: Automating with the Book Feature
Lesson 11 - Books
Part Six: Advanced Features of Framemaker
Lesson 12 - Indexes
Lesson 13 - Conditional Text
Lesson 14 - Overview of Hypertext and PDF
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase