Publishers of technology books, eBooks, and videos for creative people
How often have you wished you had access to the team behind your favorite software--in this case, Adobe Illustrator--so that you could really pick their brains about all of its coolest features? With this book, you do. In these pages the Adobe Creative Team gives you a guided tour of the graphics powerhouse, Illustrator CS. Best of all, it does so at your pace. Whether your beautifully designed graphics end up in print, the Web, broadcast video, or even cell phone displays, this book shows you how to get them there--easily, elegantly, and efficiently. You'll find step-by-step, project-based lessons in all of Illustrator's key features, including those that are new to CS: powerful new type tools, the Scribble Effect, hundreds of professionally designed templates, support for 3D graphics, and more. Each chapter contains a project that builds on your growing knowledge of the program, and a companion CD includes all the files needed to complete the book's lessons.
A Quick Tour of Adobe Illustrator.
1. Getting to Know the Work Area.
2. Selection Basics.
3. Creating Basic Shapes.
4. Drawing with the Pen Tool.
6. Applying Transparency and Blending Modes.
7. Working with Layers.
8. Transforming Objects.
9. Working with Placement and Order of Objects.
10. Applying Appearance Attributes, Styles, and Effects.
11. Working with Type.
12. Blending Shapes and Colors.
13. Working with Symbols.
14. Working with Brushes and Scribbles.
15. Creating Airbrush Effects.
16. Using the 3D Effect.
17. Printing Artwork and Producing Color Separations.
18. Combining Illustrator Graphics and Photoshop Images.
19. Creating a Web Publication.
Working with Version Cue.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.