NEW TO THIS EDITION
- NEW - Thorough treatment of AutoCAD Release 14 for Windows includes complete descriptions of all new features, including definitions of new commands and new routines...as well as discussion of exciting new ways to use previous commands.
- NEW - New chapter on the use of raster images in AutoCAD drawings. New chapter on text which builds on the raster image exercise to produce a mailer.
- NEW - Margin notes have been added to the narrative to highlight TIPS, WARNINGS, and other instructions for using the software effectively.
- NEW - Locations of commands on menus and toolbars are carefully illustrated.
- Five separate applications chapters (23-27) provide students with further practice exercises that are directly related to their specific areas of study, and eliminate the need for supplementary course materials.
- The range and diversity of drawing exercises far surpasses that of any other AutoCAD text on the market.
- Each procedural step is fully illustrated with examples and exercises taken from industry standard applications. The combination of step-by-step explanations and numerous back-up illustrations means students learn AutoCAD quickly, and advanced features can be taught with little recourse to materials outside of the text.
- Excellent coverage of editing — rarely found in texts at this level — examines techniques for making changes to finished drawings, correcting mistakes, and troubleshooting.
- A chapter devoted to menu customizing, Chapter 17, demonstrates ways to adapt AutoCAD techniques for job-specific drawing requirements.
- An introduction and tutorials on preparing slide presentations provide instruction in creating slides with AutoCAD and on producing shows from script files.
- Extensive coverage of 3D - from Basic 3D to solid modeling.
- New appendix listing all AutoCAD commands, settings, and standard API, ARX, and AutoLISP programs with descriptions of what each command does.
- Copyright 1998
- Dimensions: 8-1/2" x 11"
- Pages: 736
- Edition: 5th
- ISBN-10: 0-13-793571-4
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-793571-0
Using a hands-on approach, this practical, applications-oriented text carefully guides students through the commands necessary to use AutoCAD, teaching them the use of this powerful drawing tool in the best way possible—by having them use it to make actual industry-style drawings.
Table of Contents
I. PREPARING TO DRAW. 1. Introduction. 2. The AutoCAD R14 Program for Windows. 3. Common Problems and Solutions. 4. Preparing to Draw with AutoCAD.
II. BASIC AUTOCAD. 5. Using Raster Images in AutoCAD Drawings. 6. AutoCAD text. 7. Block Diagrams. 8. Printing. 9. Geometric Constructions. 10. Using 2-D Commands to Draw Orthographic Views. 11. Drawings, Formats, Blocks, and Attributes. 12. External References (XREFs). 13. Dimensioning and Tolerancing. 14. Sectional Drawings and Hatching. 15. Isometric Drawing. 16. Basic 3-D. 17. Customizing Toolbars and Menus.
III. ADVANCED AUTOCAD. 18. Advanced 3-D. 19. Advanced 3-D: Blocks, Standard LISP Routines, and Dview. 20. Using Model Space and Paper Space to Create, Document and Present 2-D and 3-D Shapes. 21. Advanced Modeling: Solids and Regions. 22. Three-Dimensional Tutorial Exercises, Including Rendering.
IV. APPLICATIONS. 23. Architectural Applications. 24. Civil Applications. 25. Electronic Applications. 26. Electromechanical Packaging Applications. 27. Technical Illustrating Applications. Appendix: AutoCAD Commands, Settings, and Standard API, ARX and AutoLISP Programs.
New To This Edition
- NEWThorough treatment of AutoCAD Release 14 for Windows includes complete descriptions of all new features, including definitions of new commands and new routines...as well as discussion of exciting new ways to use previous commands.
- NEWNew chapter on the use of raster images in AutoCAD drawings. New chapter on text which builds on the raster image exercise to produce a mailer.
- NEWMargin notes have been added to the narrative to highlight TIPS, WARNINGS, and other instructions for using the software effectively.
- NEWLocations of commands on menus and toolbars are carefully illustrated.