Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Color: A Photographer's Guide to Directing the Eye, Creating Visual Depth, and Conveying Emotion
- Your Price: $28.79
- List Price: $35.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2014
- Dimensions: 8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 264
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-343885-6
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-343885-7
Color is powerful. It impacts our senses, pushes our emotions, and plays an essential role in creating an effective photograph. In this beautifully illustrated guide, author, educator, and pro photographer Jerod Foster helps you understand how color works—attracting attention, directing the eye, and working with other elements to make your own compelling photographs.
This book approaches color from a photographer’s perspective with a mix of practical theory, technical information, and solid advice on how to apply these details in all genres of photography—landscapes, portraits, lifestyle, sports, or wildlife.
You will learn about:
- Color in the frame, including guiding the eye and composing with color
- Manipulating color with white balance, artificial lighting, and exposure
- Creating visual depth with complementary colors, dominant/recessive colors, and contrast
- The meaning of color and how red, blue, green or purple can push emotions
- Conditions for shooting color and the best times of day
- Best practices for handling color in post processing
Color is a core element of our visual language and photographers who understand and exploit color will harness its power and create lasting images.
Table of Contents
Introduction: A Word On Subjectivity
Section I: A World of Color
Chapter One: Color is Powerful
Chapter Two: Understand the Subjectivity of Color
Section II: Color in the Frame
Chapter Three: Guide the Eye with Color
Chapter Four: Create Visual Depth with Color
Section III: The Meaning of Color
Chapter Five: Color as Emotion
Chapter Six: Culture and Color
Chapter Seven: Conditions for Color
Chapter Eight: Ways to Manipulate Color Before Editing
Chapter Nine: Making the Most of Color in Your Photography
TRIAL WITH PURCHASE!
By completing any purchase on Peachpit, you get unlimited 15 day access to thousands of Training Resources on creative topics You will also get a discounted rate of just $17.99/month if you decide to continue with a paid subscription.
Other Things You Might Like
- HDR Book, The: Unlocking the Pros' Hottest Post-Processing Techniques, 2nd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $28.79
- Composition: From Snapshots to Great Shots, 2nd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $15.99
- Adobe Lightroom mobile: Your Lightroom on the Go
- eBook (Watermarked) $8.00