Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Color Correction Look Book: Creative Grading Techniques for Film and Video
- Your Price: $28.79
- List Price: $35.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2014
- Dimensions: 8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 216
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-381851-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-381851-2
The digital colorist’s job is no longer to simply balance, fix, and optimize. Today’s filmmakers often want to recreate the idiosyncrasies of older recording methods, or are looking for something completely new, to differentiate the look of a given project. Furthermore, end-to-end digital shooting, postproduction, and distribution means that stylizations and effects once created by the film lab are no longer photochemically available. The color grading suite has become the lab, and these sorts of stylizations are now part of the colorist’s job description.
In this follow-up volume to the bestseller Color Correction Handbook, Alexis Van Hurkman walks you through twenty-one categories of creative grading techniques, designed to give you an arsenal of stylizations you can pull out of your hat when the client asks for something special, unexpected, and unique. Each chapter presents an in-depth examination and step-by-step, cross-platform breakdown of stylistic techniques used in music videos, commercial spots, and cinema. These customizable techniques can be mixed and matched for your own unique effects and include:
• bleach bypass looks
• cross-processing simulation
• day-for-night treatments
• emulating film stocks
• flat looks
• glows, blooms, and gauze looks
• grain, noise, and texture
• greenscreen compositing workflows
• lens flaring and veiling glare
• light leaks and color bleeds
• monitor and screen glow
• monochrome looks
• tints and color washes
• vibrance and targeted saturation
• and many more!
Table of Contents
- Working With Looks
- Bleach Bypass Looks
- Blue-Green Swap
- Blurred and Colored Vignettes
- Cross-Processing Simulation
- Day-for-Night Treatments
- Duotones and Tritones
- Emulating Film Stock
- Film Looks Other Than Grading
- Flat Looks and Film Flashing
- Flattened Cartoon Color
- Glows, Blooms, and Gauze Looks
- Grain, Noise, and Texture
- Greenscreen Compositing Grading Workflows
- Lens Flaring and Veiling Glare
- Light Leaks and Color Bleeds
- Monitor and Screen Glow
- Monochrome Looks
- Tints and Color Washes
- Vibrance and Targeted Saturation
- Vintage Film
TRIAL WITH PURCHASE!
By completing any purchase on Peachpit, you get unlimited 15 day access to thousands of Training Resources on creative topics You will also get a discounted rate of just $17.99/month if you decide to continue with a paid subscription.
Other Things You Might Like
- Adobe After Effects CC Visual Effects and Compositing Studio Techniques
- eBook (Watermarked) $44.79