Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Lessons in DSLR Workflow with Lightroom and Photoshop
Best Value Purchase
Book + eBook Bundle
- Your Price: $48.59
- List Price: $80.98
- About Watermarked eBooks
- Your Price: $35.99
- List Price: $44.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Your Price: $28.79
- List Price: $35.99
- About Watermarked eBooks
- Copyright 2009
- Dimensions: 7 X 9
- Pages: 288
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-321-55423-X
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-55423-9
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-321-59223-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-59223-1
You’ve captured great images with your DSLR, now what? Jerry Courvoisier provides an easy-to-follow road map for importing, organizing, and editing your images using the best features of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 and Adobe Photoshop CS3. The combined power of using both programs—automation with Lightroom and specialized processing in Photoshop—offers a complete and flexible solution for serious hobbyists and pro photographers alike. In this accessible and beautifully illustrated guide, learn about:
- The essential DSLR gear, with suggested computer and laptop configurations, digital darkroom and color management setups, and best capture formats for your style of shooting.
- General preferences and display options to customize and enhance your workflow.
- The Lightroom 2 modules to effectively organize, process, and catalog your images.
- Integration with Photoshop CS3, including making panoramas and high dynamic range (HDR) images.
- Advanced Photoshop CS3 techniques to create stunning results: converting images to black and white, painting with light, selective focus, diffusion effects, layer masking, and special blending modes.
“Jerry Courvoisier is, plain and simple, one of the best teachers of digital workflow and image management working today. He demystifies the digital world for both the beginner and the advanced user. For anyone shooting digital pictures, this book simply has to be on your shelf.”
—Joe McNally, photographer and author of The Moment It Clicks
Join Jerry Courvoisier for a two-day Adobe Lightroom Workshop in a city near you.
Online Sample Chapter
Table of Contents
Part One: The Gear
Chapter 1: The Digital SLR Camera
Chapter 2: The Computer
Part Two: Streamlining Your Workflow with Lightroom
Chapter 3: Basic Concepts of Lightroom and Workflow
Chapter 4: Setting Lightroom’s Preferences
Chapter 5: The Display Options
Chapter 6: Importing Your Images
Chapter 7: Organizing Images in the Library
Part Three: Image Processing with Lightroom’s Develop Module
Chapter 8: Adjusting Images in the Develop Module
Chapter 9: Global Develop Corrections
Chapter 10: Local Adjustments
Chapter 11: Exporting Images from Lightroom
Chapter 12: Exporting Images to Photoshop
Part Four: Adobe Photoshop: The Digital Darkroom 176
Chapter 13: Simply Photoshop
Chapter 14: Photoshop Adjustment Layers
Chapter 15: Multiple Raw Image Processing
Chapter 16: Layer Blend Mode Magic in Photoshop
Chapter 17: Photographic Effects with Photoshop
Chapter 18: Black and White in Photoshop
TRIAL WITH PURCHASE!
By completing any purchase on Peachpit, you get unlimited 15 day access to thousands of Training Resources on creative topics You will also get a discounted rate of just $17.99/month if you decide to continue with a paid subscription.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- HDR Book, The: Unlocking the Pros' Hottest Post-Processing Techniques, 2nd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $28.79
- Composition: From Snapshots to Great Shots, 2nd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $15.99