Publishers of technology books, eBooks, and videos for creative people
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Everyone has been talking about the mobile web in recent years, and more of us are browsing the web on smartphones and similar devices than ever before. But most of what we are viewing has not yet been updated for mobile presentation. How can designers bring more of the web up to speed with the capabilities of today's mobile devices?
1. The irony of the mobile web Today's device capabilities, yesterday's web sites
2. Big fingers and busy schedules The mobile user experience
3. What is all of this, anyway? How to inventory your existing site content
4. Excuse me but what are you? How media queries help content fit mobile devices
5. Lean and tall Making large-screen layouts adapt to small screens
6. Now you see it, now you don't Analyzing and prioritizing content for mobile delivery
7. Buttons Coding, sizing, and styling the basic mobile UI element
8. Images Techniques for dealing with legacy images
9. Let's polka Accordion menus can save bulky legacy site navigations
10. Tell it like it is Mobile presentation tips for legacy blogs
11. iPhone and iPod touch considerations If you really want to customize for iOS, there are techiques for that