Publishers of technology books, eBooks, and videos for creative people
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
In The Way of the Digital Photographer, master photographer and digital artist Harold Davis shows you how to make digital photography an art form. Great digital photographs need both camera and computer to be truly extraordinary. Using detailed examples and case studies from his own work, Davis provides myriad ideas you can use in your own work, and he shows you how to unlock your own creativity to make those special images you have always dreamed of! Readers discover how to effectively use post-processing techniques and gain insight as to how the techniques and steps involved can inform their choices when making a photo and in postproduction workflow.
2. Digital Photography is Painting
3. First Things First
4. The Camera to Use
5. JPEG versus RAW
6. Photoshop Prejudices
7. Seeing is About Light
8. It All Starts with a Layer
9. Adjustment Layers
10. Working with Layer Masks
11. Creating a Layer Stack
12. Combining Two Exposures with a Hide All Layer Mask
13.Combining Two Exposures with a Reveal All Layer Mask
14. Using the Brush Tool
15. Selective Sharpening
16. Working with Gradients
17. Using the Gradient Tool to Seamlessly Blend Two Layers
18.Drawing Directly on a Layer
19. Introducing Blending Modes
20. Screen Blending Mode
21. Using Screen for Selective Lightening
22. Multiply Blending Mode
23.Blending Mode Categories
24. Understanding Blending Mode Categories
25. Comparative Blending
27. Do It On Your iPhone: Slow Shutter Cam
28.Multi-RAW and Hand-HDR Processing
29. Multi-RAW Processing
30.Expand Tonal Range with Multi-RAW Processing
31.Using ProPhoto RGB for the Widest Gamut
32.All Roads Lead to Photoshop Using Smart
33.Objects Using Lightroom
34.Adjusting Exposure Selectively
36.Shooting a Bracketed Sequence for Hand-HDR
37. Tonal Range
38.The Mechanics of Capture
39.Understanding the Apothecary Sequence
40. May the Force be with Your Florals
41. Automated HDR
42. Automated HDR Programs
43. Do It On Your iPhone: PhotoForge
44. Enhancement to Glory
45. Workflow Redux
47. Tripping the Light Fantastic
48.Why Be Average?
49. First Pair: Multiply and Screen Blending Modes
50. Second Pair: Sharpening and Blurring
51. Third Pair: Glamour Glow and Tonal Contrast
52. A Second Helping of HDR
53.Pushing the Boundaries: PixelBender
54. Some other Painterly Filters
55. Using LAB Inversions
56. Understanding the LAB Color Model
57. LAB Inversions
58.Black and White
59. Backgrounds & Textures
60. Do It On Your iPhone: Lo-Mob and Plastic Bullet