Creating and Using Snippets
Snippets are exactly what they sound like—little bits of a page that you snip off to use somewhere else.
To create snippets using the Export command:
- Select the items on the page that you want to turn into a snippet.
- Choose File > Export.
- In the Export dialog box choose InDesign Snippet from the Format list .
- Name and save the file. The snippet icon appears in the directory.
To create snippets by dragging:
- Select and drag the items that you want to turn into a snippet onto the desktop. The Snippet icon appears with a bizarre temporary name.
- Change the name to something more understandable.
Once you have created snippets, you can drag them onto a page.
To drag snippets onto a page:
- Select the snippet on the desktop or in the file directory.
- Drag the Snippet icon onto the InDesign document page.