- Taking On the New Tools
- Reason 1: Easier Item Manipulation
- Reason 2: Drag-and-Drop Text and Pictures
- Reason 3: Font Previews in Menus
- Reason 4: Hanging Characters
- Reason 5: Grids and Guides
- Reason 6: Updating Style Sheets
- Reason 7: Jump to Master Page
- Reason 8: Picture Resolution Display
- A New Way to Work
Reason 7: Jump to Master Page
Possibly the least excitingbut most usednew feature in QuarkXPress 8 will be the ability to jump to the master page of a selected item. When you need to edit a master page item, such as a folio, you no longer need to figure out which master page is in use, navigate to it, and then zoom in on the item to edit it. Instead, select the item on the layout page and click the View Master Page button in the lower-left corner of the project window (see Figure 10). The master page appears, with the selected item centered in the window. When you're finished modifying the master item, click the button again to return to the layout page.
Figure 10 The View Master Page button lets you toggle between layout items and master items.