Using the Media Library
The Media Library is the place where you can view, edit, manage, and delete your uploaded files. From here you can easily add media to your posts and pages without using a lot of code, and edit details like titles, captions, and thumbnail sizes without re-uploading the file.
To open the Media Library from the Admin area, click Media in the sidebar menu (Figure 4.28).
Figure 4.28 The Media Library lists all your media files.
To add new media:
- Choose Media > Add New in the sidebar menu (Figure 4.29).
Figure 4.29 Click Media > Add New.
- On the Upload New Media page, click Select Files (Figure 4.30).
Figure 4.30 The Flash uploader on the Upload New Media screen.
- Navigate to and choose the file(s) you wish to upload (Figure 4.31) and click Select.
Figure 4.31 Choose the file or files you want to upload from your hard drive and click Select.
- When the Flash uploader works, it works great. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work properly in all server configurations, so you
may see an HTTP error at this stage (Figure 4.32). If this happens, don’t panic—just click the Browser uploader link.
Figure 4.32 An HTTP error in the Flash uploader.
- To upload a file using the browser uploader, first click Browse (Figure 4.33).
Figure 4.33 Click Browse to locate the file you wish to upload.
- Select the file you wish to upload (Figure 4.34).
Figure 4.34 Select the file and click Open.
After the file is uploaded, you’ll see it listed in the Media Library (Figure 4.35).
Figure 4.35 Your file is now part of the Media Library.