- Types of Frames
- Creating Basic Shapes
- Selecting Objects
- Moving Objects
- Replicating Objects
- Resizing Objects
- Using the Transform Tools
- Using the Transform Panel
- Using the Transform Commands
- Using the Arrange Commands
- Aligning Objects
- Smart Dimensions; Smart Spacing
- Using the Gap Tool
- Grouping and Pasting Into Objects
- Using the Control Panel for Objects
- Using the Measure Tool
- Using the Info Panel with Objects
- Locking Objects
- Selecting Frames
Using the Info Panel with Objects
The Info panel also gives you information about the document, text, and placed images.
To see the document information:
- Deselect any objects on the page. The Info panel displays the following :
- Location of the file on the computer.
- Last Modified date and time.
- Author as entered in the File Info (File > File Info) dialog box.
- File size.
To see the text information:
- Place your insertion point inside a text frame or highlight the text in the frame. The Info panel displays the following :
- Characters in the frame or selection.
- Words in the frame or selection.
- Lines in the frame or selection.
- Paragraphs in the frame or selection.
To see the placed object information:
- Select a frame that contains a placed image, or the placed image itself. The Info panel displays the following :
- Type of placed image.
- Actual ppi (points per inch) resolution of the image.
- Effective ppi resolution of the image if you have scaled it in InDesign.
- Color Space of the image.
- ICC Profile (if applicable) may also be shown.