Export Your Document to PDF
The final step in the process is to export the file to a PDF. In InDesign CS5, that process is made easier.
- Choose File > Export.
- Choose Adobe PDF (Interactive) from the Format menu in the Export dialog box, and click Save.
In the Export to Interactive PDF dialog box (see Figure 15), you can adjust how the PDF is presented to the user. Here are a few tips for deciding how to export the PDF:
- Deselect Embed Page Thumbnails to save file size. Adobe Reader and Acrobat for many versions will auto-generate them when the document is opened.
- For accessibility purposes, select Create Tagged PDF. This will create a larger file size, but it will aid those who require an assistive device to access the content.
- Choose Fit Page from the View menu so the viewers can see the whole page.
- Choose Single Page from the Layout menu so that users see one page at a time.
- If you want to show the document in Full Screen Mode when the document is opened, select Open in Full Screen Mode.
Figure 15 The Export to Interactive PDF dialog box