Copying Files Between Your iPad and Your Computer
The File Sharing feature lets you copy files between your iPad and computer, using iTunes as a conduit. You can share files created with a compatible app and saved in a supported format. Not all apps support this feature; see each app’s documentation to find out how it shares files.
In iTunes on your computer, apps that support file sharing appear in the File Sharing section at the bottom of the Apps tab. For each app in the apps, the Files list shows the documents that are on your iPad.
To copy files between your iPad and your computer
- Connect your iPad to your computer via USB cable.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
In the Devices list of the iTunes sidebar (on the left side), click your iPad.
It may take a moment for your iPad to appear in the sidebar.
- In the main section of the iTunes window, click the Apps tab.
- In the File Sharing section, click an app in the Apps list on the left .
The files for the selected app appear in the documents list on the right.
- Do any of the following:
- Copy a file from your iPad to your computer: Select it in the Files list and then click Save To.
- Drag files from the Files list to the computer’s desktop or to a folder window (or vice versa).
- Delete a file from your iPad: Select it in the Files list and then press your computer’s Delete key.
- Copy a file from your computer to your iPad: Click Add.