Testing It All Out
Ready to give it a whirl? Here goes:
- In your WordPress dashboard, choose Appearance > Theme and click Customize (see Figure 4).
- Click the arrow to the right of Colors to expand the menu.
- Click the drop-down list next to Content Background Color and choose a color from the Color Picker (see Figure 5). The Site Preview on the right will update with the new background color (see Figure 6).
- Repeat the process with Content Text Color and Content Link Color.
- When you're happy with your changes, click Save & Publish at the top of the screen. Your changes are now live on your site.
Figure 4 Click the Customize link below your current theme's description to open the Theme Customizer.
Figure 5 Click anywhere on the color picker or enter a hexadecimal color in the box below Content Background Color to make a change.
Figure 6 Your new colors will be displayed in the Preview pane to the right of the options.