- Reference 4.1. Allowing Remote Access
- Reference 4.2. Using the Next Steps Drawer
- Reference 4.3. Using Server Sidebar Elements
- Reference 4.4. Using the Manage Menu
- Reference 4.5. Using the Tools Menu
- Reference 4.6. Using Help
- Reference 4.7. Troubleshooting
- Exercise 4.1. Enable Screen Sharing And Remote Management
- Exercise 4.2. Explore the Next Steps Drawer
- Exercise 4.3. Configure the Service Data Volume
- Additional Resources
- Lesson Review
Exercise 4.3. Configure the Service Data Volume
In this exercise, you will go through the procedure to relocate your service data volume but will not actually change it.
Moving the Service Data to a Different Volume
Using the Server app, you can choose a different volume for service data. It’s a good idea to perform this task as early as possible, so that you don’t have to wait with services disabled while a large amount of data is moved to the new volume.
- If necessary, on your administrator computer, open the Server app and connect to your server.
- In the Server app sidebar, select your server and click Settings.
- Next to the Service Data field, click Edit.
- Inspect the current Service Data Size, as well as how much space is available on any listed volume. If you have another volume available on which to store the service data, you could select that volume and click Choose.
Because it is possible that you do not have any extra volumes in your test environment, the rest of the exercises for this guide are written with the assumption that the service data is stored on the startup volume. So, for the purposes of these exercises, click Cancel to close the window.
Even though you went through the procedure to relocate your service data volume, you didn’t actually change it in this exercise. You can use this procedure in a production environment with an additional storage volume.