- A Few Things to Know and Do Before You Begin Taking Pictures
- Poring Over the Picture
- Choosing the Right Memory Card
- Formatting Your Memory Card
- Updating the NEX-6's Firmware
- Cleaning the Sensor
- Using the Right Format: RAW vs. JPEG
- Lenses and Focal Lengths
- What Is Exposure?
- Motion and Depth of Field
A Few Things to Know and Do Before You Begin Taking Pictures
Now that we’ve covered the top ten tasks to get you up and shooting, we should probably take care of some other important details. You must become familiar with certain features of your camera before you can take full advantage of it. Additionally, we will take some steps to prepare the camera and memory card for use. So to get things moving, let’s start off with something that you will definitely need before you can take a single picture: a memory card.