- Ten Trends from the Real World
- The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same
- The New Economic Environment
- A New Internet-Enabled World
- Customers Rule
- Better, Faster, and Maybe Cheaper
- Business Models and Value Webs
- New Standards and Rules Create Opportunity
- Evolving Infrastructure and Tools
- The New Face of Marketing
- New Dimensions for Growth and Evolution
Copyright © 2000, ECnow.com, All rights reserved.
Any new business philosophy or set of principles should be tested in the real world in order to validate what is real, what is feasible, what works, and what doesn't work. I surveyed people online and talked to several executives who are deeply involved in e-commerce implementation about what they have learned so far, and more importantly, what changes we can expect in the next few years. This article focuses on what they said. The online survey was sent to the readership of ECMgt.com, my online e-zine that explores the trends in e-commerce management on a monthly basis.
In the process of evaluating the responses, 10 general topic areas and trends emerged. All quotes and predictions are grouped by these 10 categories, beginning with a look at the new economic environment, and ending with ideas about evolving the company for growth.
For brevity of this article, only the first three quotes in each section are used. Look to E-Volve-or-Die.com to see all the quotes.