- Adding Text
- Cutting, Copying, and Pasting Text
- Dragging and Dropping Text
- Using Paste Special
- Applying Headings
- Applying Character Formats
- Applying HTML Text Styles
- Using Preformatted Text
- Adding Line Breaks
- Indenting and Aligning Text with HTML
- Working with Lists
- Inserting Special Characters
- Working with Font Styles
- Using Web Fonts
- Adding Automatic Dates
- Finding and Replacing
- Finding Text with a Simple Search
- Performing Advanced Text Searches
- Finding and Replacing in Source Code
- Finding and Replacing with a Specific Tag
- Using Regular Expressions for Searching
- Checking Spelling
Adding Automatic Dates
Dreamweaver can insert the current date and time in a variety of formats into your webpage. You can choose whether or not to add the day of the week.
To insert the current date
- Click in your page to place the insertion point where you want the date to appear.
Choose Insert > Date.
The Insert Date dialog appears .
Dreamweaver lets you insert dates into your pages in a variety of formats.
Do one or more of the following:
- If you want the name of the day to appear, use the Day format pop-up menu to set the appearance of the day of the week.
- Make a selection from the Date format list.
- If you want the time to appear, choose the 12-hour or 24-hour format from the Time format list.
- Select “Update automatically on save” if you want that to happen. This is very useful if you want visitors to your site to know when the page was last updated.
Dreamweaver inserts the date (and any additional items you chose) into your page.