- Displaying Information in the Project Window
- Finding Items in a Project
- Sorting Footage in the Project Window
- Using Labels
- Organizing Footage in Folders
- Renaming and Removing Items
- Proxies and Placeholders
- Proxies in the Project Window
- Viewing Footage
- Opening Footage in the Original Application
- The Footage Window
- Cueing Motion Footage
- Magnification and Safe Zones
- Video-Safe Zones and Grids
- Rulers and Guides
- Viewing Transparency
- Correcting for Pixel Aspect Ratios
Proxies in the Project Window
Icons next to each item in the Project window provide an easy way to determine whether source footage or its proxy is currently in use ( Figure 3.47 ).
Figure 3.47 Icons indicate whether a proxy is in use, or assigned to an item but not in use.
If there is no icon, this means no proxy has been assigned to the footage item.
To assign a proxy to a footage item
- In the Project window, select a footage item to which you want to apply a proxy.
- Choose File > Set Proxy > File (
Figure 3.48 Choose File > Set Proxy > File.
The Set Proxy File dialog box appears.
- In the Set Proxy File dialog box, locate the file you want to assign as the proxy (
Figure 3.49 In the Set Proxy File dialog box, choose a file to act as a proxy for the actual footage.
- Click Open to select the file and close the dialog box.
In the Project window, a proxy icon appears next to the footage item, indicating that a proxy is currently in use ( Figure 3.50 ).
Figure 3.50 A black box appears next to the item, indicating that a proxy is in use.
To toggle between using a proxy and the original footage
In the Project window, click the proxy icon to the left of a footage item to toggle between using the assigned proxy and using the original footage ( Figure 3.51 ).
Figure 3.51 Click the proxy icon to toggle between using the proxy and using the actual footage.