- Creating Text Frames
- Typing Text
- Selecting Text
- Moving and Deleting Text
- Using the Character Palette
- Setting the Typeface and Point Size
- Styling Text
- Setting Line and Character Spacing
- Applying Text Distortions
- Setting the Language
- Applying Paragraph Formatting
- Setting Alignment and Indents
- Inserting a Manual Indent
- Setting Paragraph Effects
- Working with Hidden Characters
- Using the Glyphs Palette
- Working with Text Flow
- Setting Text Frame General Controls
- Using the Control Palette for Text
- Using Special Text Characters
The two most important parts of working with text are typing the text and then selecting it to make changes.
To type text:
- Click with the Type tool in a frame.
- Begin typing.
- Press Return to begin a new paragraph.
Press Shift-Return to begin a new line without starting a new paragraph.
To move the insertion point:
- Position the Type tool cursor where you want the insertion point.
- Click to set the insertion point.
To move the point using the keyboard:
- Use the arrow keys to move the insertion point left or right one character at a time or up and down one line at a time.
- Use the Cmd/Ctrl key with the arrow keys to move the insertion point one word or one paragraph at a time.