When you eject a disk, the disk is physically removed from the disk drive and its icon disappears from the top-level computer window.
To eject a disk
- Click the disk's icon once to select it.
- Choose File > Eject "Disk Name" (
), or press
Figure 50 Select the disk, and then choose Eject "Disk Name" from the File menu to eject the disk.
- Select the name of the disk in the Sidebar.
- Click the eject button to the right of the disk name (
Figure 51 Or click the Eject button beside the item's name in the Sidebar.
- Drag the disk's icon to the Trash (
). As you drag, the Trash icon turns into a rectangle with a triangle on top (
Figure 52 Or drag the disk icon to the Trash.
Figure 53 When you drag a disk icon, the Trash icon changes into an icon like this.
- When the mouse pointer moves over the Trash icon, it becomes selected ( Figure 52 ). Release the mouse button.
Press the Media Eject key on the keyboard.