- Step 1: Create the Podcast File
- Step 2: Set Episode Options (Optional)
- Step 3: Upload the Podcast File to Your Server
- Step 4: Configure Your WordPress Blog for the Podcast Category
- Step 5: Create an Entry for your Podcast Episode
- Step 6: Create the Podcast Feed
- Step 7: Subscribe to Your Feed
- Step 8: Troubleshoot
- Step 9: List Your Podcast on iTunes
- Step 10: Tweak
Step 9: List Your Podcast on iTunes
Don’t try this step until your podcast is working properly. I recommend that you don’t do it until you have at least two episodes available, so you’re sure that it’s working correctly.
- Visit the Podcasting and iTunes: Technical Specification page on the Apple web site.
- Scroll down to find the Submit a Podcast link and click it.
- Allow your computer to open iTunes. It displays the Submit Podcasts form (see Figure 12).
Figure 12 Use this form to begin the podcast submission process.
- Enter your podcast’s URL in the Podcast Feed URL box and click Continue.
- When prompted, sign into your Apple or AOL account. (If you don’t have either, you’ll have to create an Apple account. Follow the onscreen instructions.)
- In the Review Podcast window, review the information that appears (see Figure 13). If it’s wrong, click Cancel and go back to FeedBurner to make changes—after all, that’s where the info came from. If it’s right, click Submit.
Figure 13 The information for your podcast appears in the Review Podcast window.
- A message appears, telling you that your podcast won’t appear immediately. (It took about two weeks the last time I did this.) Click Done and start playing the waiting game.