Creating a Clickable Web Link
Instead of having a website open automatically when a certain frame plays (as you saw in the preceding exercise), you can create a visible link. When a user clicks the link, the linked URL will open in a browser.
- Open a text editor that allows you to create plain-text documents (not rich text) and then select a font and text size.
- Type the message that you want the audience to see in the target movie. For example, type Click here for more info.
- Save the file and then open it in QuickTime Pro.
- From the File menu, choose Export (Command-E is the keyboard shortcut).
- Save the file and then open that newly exported text file in your text editor. Notice that QuickTime Pro has added the descriptor and time information.
- Save the file and then open it into QuickTime Pro.
- Choose Edit > Select All; then choose Edit > Copy.
- Open a target movie in QuickTime Pro and choose Edit > Add to Selection & Scale.