- Launching Bridge
- The Bridge window
- Opening files from Bridge
- Choosing a workspace for Bridge
- Examining thumbnails
- Customizing the Bridge window
- Moving and copying files
- Filtering the display of thumbnails
- Grouping thumbnails into stacks
- Managing files
- Searching for files
- Exporting the Bridge cache
- Assigning keywords to files
- Opening PDF and Illustrator files
Moving and copying files
You can move files to a different folder by dragging them or by using a command.
To move or copy files to other folders
Method 1 (by dragging)
- Click the Folders panel tab. Display the desired subfolder (expand any folders, if necessary).
- Select one or more thumbnails in the Content panel, then drag them over a folder name in the Folders panel to move them, or hold down Alt/Option and drag them over a folder name to copy them.
Method 2 (context menu)★
- Select one or more thumbnails in the Content panel.
- Right-click/Ctrl-click in the Bridge window, then from the Move To or Copy To submenu on the context menu, do either of the following: Choose a folder name from the Recent Folders submenu; or click Choose Folder to open the navigation dialog box, locate a folder, then click OK/Choose.