- Importing a PowerPoint Presentation
- Animating the Title Slide
- Cleaning Up a Chart
- Enhancing a Chart
- Animating a Chart
- Enhancing a Table
- Animating a Bar Chart
- Animating a Pie Chart
- Changing the Style of a Chart
- Adding Content from a Word Document
- Adding Comments to a Presentation
- Rehearsing the Presentation
- Creating a Self-Running Slideshow
- Lesson Review
Animating the Title Slide
The first slide in our presentation could benefit from some animation, which will help capture your audience’s attention at the start of your presentation. Keynote offers several build animations that can be used to enhance the slide.
Adding Multiple Builds
- In the slide navigator, select slide 1.
- Select the Build Inspector and click Build In.
- Select the logo on the canvas.
- From the Effect pop-up menu, choose Scale, and from the Direction pop-up menu, choose Down.
- On the canvas, select the white bar.
- From the Effect menu, choose Dissolve.
Now the logo shrinks, and then the white bar dissolves into the background.
Setting Simultaneous Builds
Currently, the two animations happen sequentially. You can set the animations to occur simultaneously.
- At the bottom of the Inspector, click the More Options button.
The Build Order drawer allows you to adjust the timing of build animations.
- From the Build Order list, select Item #1.
- From the Start Build menu, select “Automatically after transition.”
- From the Build Order list, select Item #2.
- From the Start Build menu, select “Automatically with build 1.”
- Click the slide thumbnail in the Inspector to see a preview of the animation.
- Click the Slide Inspector button and then click Transition.
- From the Effect menu, choose 3D Effects: Doorway and set the duration to 1.50 s.
- In the Inspector, click the slide thumbnail to see a preview of the animation.
- Press Command-S to save your document.