- Types of Frames
- Creating Basic Shapes
- Selecting Objects
- Moving Objects
- Replicating Objects
- Resizing Objects
- Using the Transform Tools
- Using the Transform Panel
- Using the Transform Commands
- Using the Arrange Commands
- Aligning Objects
- Smart Dimensions; Smart Spacing
- Grouping and Pasting Into Objects
- Using the Control Panel for Objects
- Using the Measure Tool
- Using the Info Panel with Objects
- Locking Objects
- Selecting Frames
Smart Dimensions; Smart Spacing
Just as Smart Guides can align to margins and objects, they also give you feedback that can help you create an object that is the same size as another object on the page.
To show or hide Smart Guides:
- Choose Window > Grids & Guides > Smart Guides. This turns the Smart Guides on or off.
One of the options for Smart Guides is the Smart Dimensions feature. This helps you create objects that have the same width or height.
To create objects with the same dimensions:
- Create one object that has a certain width or height.
- Drag to create a new object. As you drag, watch for a dimension arrow that appears next to the width or height . This is the Smart Dimension indicator that says the two objects have the same dimension.
Onother option for Smart Guides is the Smart Spacing feature. This make it easy to evenly distribute objects so that the spaces between them are equal.
To position objects with the same spacing: