- Exercise 01: Using guides to create a grid
- Exercise 02: Lines
- Exercise 03: Using the Type tool to create a headline
- Exercise 04: Creating body copy with the Type tool
- Exercise 05: Directing the viewer with color
- Exercise 06: Adjusting shapes with the Direct Selection tool
Exercise 06: Adjusting shapes with the Direct Selection tool
- Click on the top left anchor point of the d in “Grid” with the Direct Selection tool. Notice that the anchor point increases in size as your mouse moves near it with the Direct Selection tool. Hold Shift and click on the top right anchor point of the same d to add it to the selection.
With only the top two anchor points of the letter d selected, expand the size of its ascender by using the up arrow key on the keypad. In this exercise, we pressed the up arrow key while holding Shift three times. (Fig 4.18)
Fig 4.18 Expand the ascender of the d by using the up arrow key.