Tints are screened, or lighter, versions of colors. Spot color tints create screens of the base color. Process color tints reduce the amounts of the process inks that define the color.
To create a tint swatch:
- Select the base color, that is, the swatch color that you want to tint.
- Use the Tint field in the Swatches panel to create a screen of the swatch color .
- Click the New Swatch icon to store the tint percentage as a swatch in the Swatches panel.
As you select a color swatch as a base color, the Color panel displays a slider and a ramp of the color.
To tint a swatch using the Color panel:
- Select the swatch color that you want to tint.
- In the Color panel, use the slider or click in the ramp to create a percentage of the base color .
- Click the New Swatch icon to create a tint swatch of the percentage you defined.
You can also create a tint swatch using the Swatches panel menu.
To store a tint swatch of a color:
- In the Swatches panel, select the base color, that is, the color you want to tint.
- Choose New Tint Swatch from the Swatches panel menu. The New Tint Swatch dialog box appears .
- Adjust the tint slider to a percentage.
- Click ok. The tint swatch appears in the Swatches panel with the same name as the base color but with the tint percentage
Click Add to add the tint to the Swatches panel and then create additional tints.
Once you store a tint swatch, you can modify the tint percentage. This updates all the objects that use that tint swatch.
To modify tint swatches:
- Double click the name of the tint swatch in the Swatches panel. This opens the Swatch Options dialog box for tints .
- To change the tint value, adjust the Tint slider at the bottom of the dialog box.
- Click ok to apply the changes.