- Understanding Interpolation
- Interpolation Types
- Specifying the Default Spatial Interpolation
- Specifying Spatial Interpolation in the Motion Path
- Using the Graph Editor: An Overview
- Understanding Value and Speed Graphs
- Viewing Property Graphs
- Specifying the Graph Type
- Viewing Optional Information in the Graph Editor
- Moving Keyframes in the Graph Editor
- Adding and Removing Keyframes in the Graph Editor
- Separating a Position’s Dimensions
- Setting a Keyframe’s Temporal Interpolation Type
- Adjusting Temporal Interpolation Manually
- Applying Keyframe Assistants
- Smoothing Motion with Roving Keyframes
Viewing Property Graphs
To view temporal interpolation and control it manually, toggle the area under the time ruler to the Graph Editor.
The Graph Editor’s flexible viewing options help you view the combination of properties you want: selected properties, animated properties, or properties you specify by including them in what’s known as the graph editor set.
To toggle the Graph Editor:
- In the Timeline panel, select the Show Graph Editor button (Figure 9.41).
The area under the time ruler changes to the Graph Editor (Figure 9.42). The properties visible in the Graph Editor depend on options you specify in the Show Properties menu; the types of graphs visible depends on the options you specify in the Graph Type and Options menu. (See the next task, “To specify visible properties in the Graph Editor,” and “To specify the graph types displayed in the Graph Editor,” later in this chapter.)
Figure 9.41 In the Timeline panel, select the Show Graph Editor button.
Figure 9.42 The time ruler area toggles to the Graph Editor view.
To specify visible properties in the Graph Editor:
- In the Graph Editor, click the Show Properties button to access a pop-up menu, and choose any of the following (Figure 9.43):
- Show Selected Properties— Includes the property you select in the layer outline
- Show Animated Properties—Includes all of the selected layer’s animated properties
- Show Graph Editor Set—Includes all properties you specify as part of the graph editor set. (See the next task, “To designate a graph editor set.”)
The properties you specify appear in the Graph Editor.
Figure 9.43 In the Graph Editor’s Show Properties pop-up menu, select which properties are visible.
To designate a graph editor set:
- In a comp’s layer outline, expand layers to reveal the properties you want to add to the graph editor set.
- For each property you want to add to the graph editor set, click the Include in Graph Editor Set button (Figure 9.44).
Properties in the set appear in the Graph Editor when the Show Graph Editor Set option is selected (see the previous task, “To specify visible properties in the Graph Editor”).
Figure 9.44 Expand the layer outline to reveal the properties you want to add to the graph editor set, and then click their Include in Graph Editor Set button.