Basic YouTube Customization
To give your channel a customized look, you can change basic YouTube template settings such as the following:
- Background, text, and hyperlink colors
- Font family
- Background image
To begin customizing your channel, follow these steps:
- Click your username at the top of the page. YouTube displays the default template style assigned to your channel.
- Click the Themes and Colors tab at the top of your template.
- Click the "show advanced options" link next to the template's name (see Figure 2).
- The advanced options page displays an assortment of themes and additional settings for customizing your channel; you can even create a new theme of your own. To create a new theme, click the "new theme" link and enter a name for your new theme in the text box containing the theme's name.
- Customize the colors and fonts as desired for your channel's new theme.
- When you've completed your customizations, click the Save Changes button.
When choosing colors for the background, text, and hyperlinks, you'll notice that YouTube's color selection menus don't offer many color choices. To find additional hexadecimal (hex) colors, I recommend the COLOURlovers site as a helpful online resource. You can choose from a huge array of existing color palettes, or you can create your own colors and palettes to determine color options for your custom YouTube channel. Once equipped with the hex colors you want to use, simply copy/paste the colors into the appropriate fields in your YouTube theme.