- Choose your design application
- Use a single artboard with multiple layers
- Group complex objects
- Flatten artwork with filters and effects
- Name everything
- Embed images in the design document
- Manage fonts when sharing files
- Set component properties in Flash catalyst
- Create sample artwork for a list of images or text
- Hide, show, and lock layers
- Exporting an FXg file from adobe Fireworks
Exporting an FXg file from adobe Fireworks
Adobe Fireworks users may feel a little left out when they first launch Flash Catalyst. One of the first things they’ll notice is the absence of a direct Fireworks import option in the Welcome screen. In reality, Flash Catalyst imports only FXG documents regardless of where they originated—in Photoshop, Illustrator, or Fireworks. Flash Catalyst just happens to have the ability to convert your PSD and AI files into the FXG format automatically. Following are the general steps for exporting an FXG file to import into Flash Catalyst.
- Start Adobe Fireworks and open the design document you want to import into Flash Catalyst.
- Choose Commands > Export FXG.
- Locate and select a destination folder for the FXG file.
- Enter a name for the file and click OK.
The Select Folder dialog box appears.
You can now import the FXG file into Flash Catalyst.