- Choose your design application
- Use a single artboard with multiple layers
- Group complex objects
- Flatten artwork with filters and effects
- Name everything
- Embed images in the design document
- Manage fonts when sharing files
- Set component properties in Flash catalyst
- Create sample artwork for a list of images or text
- Hide, show, and lock layers
- Exporting an FXg file from adobe Fireworks
The layer names you use in the original design document are brought into Flash Catalyst. These names are also reflected in the Flex code that gets generated by Flash Catalyst. This is the same code that will be used by Flex developers if the Flash Catalyst project file is imported into Flash Builder for additional development.
Use a consistent naming strategy throughout your design. For example, you could use “name_btn_up” and “name_btn_down” to specify artwork that will be turned into button components. It’s a good idea to agree on a naming convention with other designers and developers before beginning a project.