- Step 1: Add Controls to the Diary Window
- Step 2: Implement the Add Entry Push Button
- Step 3: Implement the Add Tag Push Button
- Step 4: Validate the Add Tag Push Button
- Step 5: Implement and Validate the Navigation Buttons
- Step 6: Implement and Validate the Date Picker
- Step 7: Implement and Validate the Search Field
- Step 8: Build and Run the Application
- Step 9: Save and Archive the Project
In this recipe, you completed the Chef's Diary. More important, you learned how to add a variety of controls to a window and how to hook them up so that they actually work. This is an important part of writing any application.
In the next recipe, you will add a menu and a few menu items to the menu bar, and then hook them up to give the user alternative ways to exercise some of the controls. You will also create a Recipe Info menu item duplicating the role of the Recipe Info toolbar item in the main Vermont Recipes window. You will discover that menu item validation works almost automatically, thanks to the work you did in this recipe to validate the controls.