Adobe Digital Imaging How-Tos: Creating Text on a Path
The ability to create text that follows along a contour in one of your photos (perhaps for a newsletter or other design project) can add a touch of flair and a professional look. The first step to creating text on a path is to create the path with the Pen tool, which works like the other Bezier tools found throughout the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Once a path is created, select the Horizontal Type tool by pressing T (or Shift-T to cycle through the group).
- Move the text cursor over the edge of the path; the cursor should change, .
- Click the path where you would like the text to begin.
- Begin typing your text. When you're finished, resize the text, if necessary, using the Font Size field, , in the Options bar. Text options and the finished text on a path are shown in Figure 96.
Figure 96 Adding text to a path is quite easy in Photoshop.
- (Optional) Open the Character panel (Window > Character), then use the Tracking pop-up menu, , to modify the distances between individual letters.