Finding and Replacing Text
Keynote allows you to find, or find and replace text on your slides, which is handy when Marketing tells you that they’ve decided to rename the SuperWidget to UltraWidget half an hour before your presentation.
You can also replace text with a best guess from Keynote’s dictionary, which is sometimes useful, but more often inadvertently hilarious.
To find or replace text:
- Tap the Tools button in the toolbar, and then tap Find .
The Find popover appears at the bottom of the screen.
- Type the word or phrase you want to find and press Return.
Keynote finds the first instance of the text .
- (Optional) If you want to replace the found text, tap the Settings button (it looks like a gear) at the left edge of the Find popover, tap Find & Replace, and then type the replacement text in the Replace field . Tap Replace to change the text.
To replace text from the dictionary:
- Select a word on a slide.
The Edit popover appears.
- Tap More.
The More popover appears .
- Tap Replace.
A popover appears with suggestions from Keynote’s dictionary .
- Tap one of the suggestions to replace the selected text with the suggestion.