You can also add another level of organizational structure to your Event Library: folders. Folders are simply a way to group elements in events to simplify your view.
Strangely, you cannot stick individual clips inside folders. Folders can hold only collections.
To create a folder
- Select an event in the Event Library.
Right-click the event and choose New Folder , or press Shift-Command-N.
Right-click the event, and choose New Folder.
A new empty folder is added to the event .
A new folder is added to the event.
- Click the name of the folder, and type a name .
Rename the folder something useful.
To add items to a folder
- Drag Keyword Collections, Smart Collections, or other folders into the folder .
Drag collections or other folders into the folder. Don’t bother trying to drag individual clips; inexplicably, folders can hold only collections of clips.
The items are added to the folder .
The items are added to the folder.
To remove an item from a folder
- Drag the item from the folder onto the event name.
The item is moved from the folder back into the root of the event.
To delete a folder
- Select the folder and press Command-Delete.