This chapter introduced the basic building blocks used to build a form on Android. You used these to refactor the TimeTracker app into a series of activities for displaying and entering tasks. You still need to save the data and display it, which we’ll cover later in the book. In this chapter, you learned that
- Android provides a set of simple input widgets that you can use to build forms.
- Use the proper android:scaleType attribute when displaying an image using ImageView.
- With the Drawable class, you can create complex image types using only XML.
- Adding a map to your application is as simple as extending MapActivity and adding the map view to your layout.
- Android’s Webkit-based WebView class allows you to display any HTML content.